Dr Joseph Tomkins
Senior Research Fellow/Future Fellow
Evolutionary Biology, Centre for
- Contact details
- Centre for Evolutionary Biology
The University of Western Australia (M092)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 2110
- Personal homepage
- Room 2.15, Zoology Building, Crawley campus
- BSc Sheff., PhD Liv.
- I have an Honours degree in Zoology from the University of Sheffield, and a PhD from the University of Liverpool. Since leaving Liverpool I have had Research Fellowships in Australia and the UK. In the UK I spent 2000-2005 at the University of St Andrews and one year at the University of Exeter. At the University of Western Australia I was employed on fellowships from 1997 - 2000 and again from 2005 to 2011. I will soon take up an ARC Future Fellowship.
- Key research
- My research is in sexual selection. I am particularly interested in the genetic archetecture of sexually selected and life-history traits, allometry, phenotypic plasticity and developmental integration. Ihave a braod interest in threshold traits and their evolutionary quirks. For more infromation see http://alternativetactics.org/
- All of my publications are listed elswhere:
- Future research
- My Future Fellowship Research is on the Evolution of threshold traits and will cover traist as diverse as plague outbreaks in locusts to the spread of disease by ticks.
- I speak English; sometimes in hilarious accents. I speak Franglais and Spanglish with equal ease.
- Honours and awards
- I'm still waiting for my Oscar.
- Inflatable thermos cleaner - patent pending.
- Behavioural Ecology
- Current external positions